Your Ad Here
0 comments | Wednesday, February 21, 2007


This post is marinating
to the music of:
We Must Be in Love...
J Dilla f/ Pharoahe Monche





Angela Bassett and Courtney B. Vance have a new book out about relationships. It's titled Friends: A Love Story.

The book tells the story of their emotional lives both before and after they met.
Here's a recount of Angela's coping with the complicated relationship with her mother.
"Angela, I am not your mother," she would tell me in a gentle voice.
"You have a mama. I am Auntie." I would get upset and twist up my face.
I wanted to have a mama. One day when I was four I was in the basement playing when Auntie called me upstairs. "Angela, your mama's on the phone." "Hello..." "Hi, Angela. This is Mama," said the voice on the other end of the line.
"I ain't got no mama," I shouted and threw down the phone.

Excerpt with permission from the hardcover release Friends...A Love Story published by Kimani Press, a division of Harlequin Enterprises Limited.
Copyright (c) 2007 Bassett/Vance Productions, LLC with Hilary Beard.


Here are the couple at their book signing at Eso Wan Books in Los Angeles yesterday.

I love that this couple is making it work in Hollywood. They are both inspirational black people that others can look up too. Plus, I'm still trying to get Angela's arms from her Tina Turner days. You gotta give your girl Angela props for those guns!
[Source]

Let that marinate

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home