Your Ad Here
0 comments | Saturday, January 27, 2007

Do you remember when Beyonce released her DeJavu video and someone started a petition for a re-shoot because the video gave them migraines and sparked unwanted seizures? I was right with them because that joint gave me a dang headache. I just didn't get it the video. I really didn't. The banana skirt and all that flailing around and the beating on the wall and the jumping around in the dirt really gave my irises a workout. But I didnt realize she was paying homage to Josephine Baker. I'm really into old films and I remember seeing Ms. Baker's work all overBlack Paris when I was visiting her former home this past summer so I should've realized what the heck was going on when Beyonce started gyrating all up in the video. Apparently the lightbulb in my head click on late because everybody else is telling me, "Girl, you didnt know?" Nope, sure didnt. Well, here's short footage of Ms. Baker grooving in her banana skirt and Bey's striking resemblance.

Josephine Baker

Beyonce





Let that marinate

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home