Your Ad Here
0 comments | Monday, January 22, 2007


This post is marinating
to the music of:
Super Bowl Shuffle ...
Chicago Bears





Yesterday history was made. Two African American coaches are hitting up the Superbowl. We've obviously made progress since the times when we only had two African American coaches in a 65% black NFL. So, dangit, know I have more reason to go down to the MIA & par-tay.

The games yesterday was something serious. All my Chi people were on lock yesterday watching that game. I couldn't get anybody to answer the phone! I personally was rooting for the Saints, but it was about time you guys came back in style from when I was a kid doing the Superbowl shuffle with Payton and the "Friderator" (that's Refrigerator in a seven year old's world.). Good job Lovie Smith...do ya thing!


Coach Lovie Smith defeating the New Orleans Saints last night to become the NFC North Champs



I'm a former Naptown Colt fan, but I never really warmed up to Peyton because we'd get so far to fall off, just like those Pacers, but when Coach Dungy came to Indy from being fired from Tampa Bay (it was a conspiracy I tell ya!), I think most of us warmed up to him just because of the style and class he and his family displayed when he was out and about around the city. I remember seeing him at the light at 86th and Keystone and he waved unlike others I've encountered by chance like that. But, my heart and mostly everyone I knew broke when his son died down in Florida a few years back. I thinks its sweet justice for him to come back on top after losing his son and getting the boot from Tampa. Go Coach Dungy!


Coach Tony Dungy of the Indy Colts overcoming the New England Patriots yesterday winning the AFC South Championship



So it looks to be a midwest thang this Superbowl with African Americans making history. Whoever wins, I'll be happy either way because we finally got rid of the blackout in NFL coaching.




Let that marinate



CrispAds Blog Ads



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home