Your Ad Here
2 comments | Tuesday, December 26, 2006


As you know, the Godfather of Soul passed away down in the "A" on Christmas Day. On Thursday, He'll be lying in state for his fans to pay their respects at the Apollo Theatre where it all began for him. (Hopefully his wife would have gotten into this house by then so she can pick out her "I'm cashing in on a will" outfit - **shaking head**, thats dang shame")

Anyhoo,his impact and influence on the culture of black America as well as other races is still felt today. How many times have you heard somebody like Public Enemy say "I'm Black and I'm Proud" or Jay Z say "Give the drummer some" or LL Cool J say "The girlies, they smile, they see me comin, I'm steady hummin, I got the Funky Drummer drummin"? Yep, that's all classic James Brown.


FUNKY DRUMMER
vs.
RUNS HOUSE, BOOMING SYSTEM, GET DOWN, FIGHT THE POWER, & LET ME RIDE


Here's a small list of the many artists that sampled his widely popular funky drummer beat in their music. So who do you think sampled it best??

***Alot of people are telling me they cant hear the sampling, so I give you some help...its the drumline in FunkyDrummer that is being sampled in all the songs...listen between the lines :) ***






Let that marinate







CrispAds Blog Ads



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta give it too Ladies Loves Cool James' Lips. he rocked it. RIP James Brown :(

6:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont forget Eazy-E - We Want Eazy, Kris Kross - Jump, & Marky Mark - Good Vibrations sampled Funky Drummer too.

11:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home