Your Ad Here
0 comments | Wednesday, January 17, 2007


This post is marinating
to the music of:
Rumble in the Jungle...
Fugees, Busta Rhymes,
John Forte, ATCQuest





"I tussled with a whale,
I handcuffed lightning,
thrown thunder in jail.
I injured a stone
hospitalized a brick,
I'm so mean, I make medicine sick"
- Muhammed Ali before the Rumble in the Jungle with George Foreman in 1974


Happy 65th Birthday to Muhammad Ali. I must say that's one bad man. His bold and brash commentary made the black community proud and more aware of our heritage. I'm sad to admit it, but as a little girl, Ali was the first person I heard tell me that my last name was not my own but of my forefather's master. I was Alisha X for my entire third grade. Anyhoo, check out this classic material of Ali at his spitting knowledge and if you're ever in downtown Louisville, check out the new riverfront museum dedicated to their west side native.










Bookmark this page
Digg! Del.icio.us Technorati FURL


Let that marinate


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home